Hospitality, Travel and Tourism
Old Monmouthshire is blessed with some outstanding tourist attractions, wonderful restaurants and eateries, and booming tourism businesses to complement the county’s beautiful countryside and charming towns.
To stand out from this high-quality field, entrants in the “Hospitality, Travel & Tourism” category will need to demonstrate how they go the extra mile to give visitors a remarkable experience and make them want to return.
Having recently been voted the UK’s Best Hotel for the fifth time in the last six years, we at Celtic Manor know all about the importance of providing excellent facilities allied to first class customer service.
Attention to detail and getting all the little things right to create a an unforgettable experience is what counts in this business, and it’s what we will be looking for from the award candidates. We want to know what is truly unique about your business and what you are most proud of – tell us your story.
Excellence is a tough grade to attain but we know there are many businesses worthy of that description within the hospitality, travel and tourism sector in Old Monmouthshire.
It’s going to be a tough job selecting a winner but we very much look forward to the challenge. We wish you the best of luck.
Marketing Director, Celtic Manor Resort
- The business must be based within the “Old Monmouthshire” border, an area that includes Monmouthshire, Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent and Torfaen.
- Entrants must demonstrate a distinctive sense of place (e.g. use of local ingredients, suppliers and/or recipes associated with area, local materials used in the building, local arts/ crafts on display)
- Must demonstrate how they promote the area and attract visitors to the destination
- Must achieve a good / excellent hygiene rating (if applicable)
- Must demonstrate use of customer feedback to improve customer experience
- Tell us what’s unique about your business and why it stands out from you competitors
- How do you invest in your people?
- What does the future look like for your business?
Applications will be welcome from the following sectors:
- Self catering accommodation
- Serviced accommodation
- Restaurant/Food Outlet/Catering
- Conference Facility/Venue